Manufacturing high quality color pigment
dispersions for over 50 years
At Quaker Color
“We’re a Step Ahead”
Manufacturing high quality
color pigment dispersions
for over 50 years
At Quaker Color “We’re a Step Ahead”
- Custom and standard pigment dispersions in most resin systems
- Highly transparent chip and liquid dispersions
- Low VOC and water-based dispersions
Solid Pigmented Dispersions – “Chips”
Quaker Color specializes in the manufacture of solid pigmented dispersions (SPDs), also known as “Chips.” Our solid pigmented dispersions are produced in a 2-roll mill process and provide outstanding color performance. The SPDs come in multiples resin systems, including Epoxy (3 Series) and CAB (6 Series). They are formulated to be made soluble or “cut” into the solvent/resin system of choice to produce a fully functional liquid pigment dispersion on demand. SPD’s or “Chips” offer superior optical color transparency as compared to typical liquid milled pigment dispersions.
Available for water and solvent solids formulations.
Features and Benefits:
- Wide range of inorganic and organic pigments
- Wide choice of resin chemistries (Epoxy, CAB, Polyester, Acrylic, Vinyl)
- High pigment concentration
- Maximum color utilization – full development of hue and tone
- Superior color transparency
- Ease of use, liquid dispersion on demand
- No milling necessary
- Dissolve time is usually 1-3 hours depending on the solvent system and mixing conditions
- Storage stable for 3+ years (indefinite shelf life)
- Eliminate storing liquids – solvents
- Custom colors/resin systems upon request
- Technical support
Carbon Black “Chips”
Solid Pigmented Resin (Chips)
Acrylic, CAB, Epoxy, Polyester, Vinyl, Custom
Acrylic, Low VOC & Glycol containing surfactant versions
Acrylic, CAB, Epoxy, Polyester, Vinyl, Custom
100% Solids Liquids
Epoxy Resin and Phthalate Free Plasticizer versions
- 2-Roll mills, Media mills, HSD mills, Horizontal mills, QC mills
- Short lead times for developed products
- Product development and color matching laboratories
- Custom resin, solvent and water-based color combinations to meet specific customer needs
- Experienced Regulatory, Research & Development, Quality Control and Customer Service teams
- Fully staffed to promptly respond to customer requests
- Manufacturing facilities in Quakertown, PA, USA
- Quaker Color is Certified ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
|Liquid Solvent-Based Dispersions|
|Solvated Chip Dispersions||Chip Cuts of all our solvent based Pigmented Solid Chips|
201 South Hellertown Ave
Quakertown PA 18951
- Quaker Color was established in 1968 and operates today as a Specialty Chemical Company servicing the global coatings industry through its highly efficient manufacturing capabilities and innovative technology.
- Our wide range of products can be found in several markets including Automotive Leather, Leather, Synthetic Leather, Automotive Interiors, Plastic Coatings, Metal Coatings, Wood Coatings, Industrial Coatings, Building & Construction Coatings, Paper Coatings, Textile Coatings, Rubber Coatings, Electronic Coatings, and Industrial Grade Pigment Dispersions.
- Quaker Color is ISO 9001/2015 certified and has a strong reputation for producing high quality chemicals in a very consistent manner and being among the best in the industry in terms of delivery and customer service.
- Quaker Color is ISO 14001/2015 certified demonstrating our commitment of social responsibility for the environment, our community, our workforce and our customer base.
- Our long term proven capability is illustrated through our experienced technical staff that offers innovative solutions through development work done in our state of the art labs and also offers global support on site at our customers’ locations.
Quaker Color’s mission is to develop and manufacture innovative and environmentally friendly products that enhance the value of our customers’ products. We operate our business with strong family values spanning four generations, therefore creating long lasting partnerships with our customers, suppliers and employees. We consider ourselves an extension of each customer’s team making their goals our own.
- Honesty – Maintaining absolute trust with our partners
- Teamwork – Working together to achieve our mutual goals
- Dependability – Steadfast reliable service, quality and support for our partners
- Innovation – Developing creative cutting-edge solutions for industry challenges
- Commitment – To our employees, our Planet, our product quality and our partners
CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT & ETHICS
Quaker Color believes in the importance of practicing ethical behavior and complying with the governing applicable laws while conducting business. This belief of ethical business conduct applies to all the employees of the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates. Quaker Color is managed based upon our principles and values and strives to maintain the respect of our customers, suppliers, employees, and peers.
Customers’ Imagination; Quaker’s Innovation.
Our Pledge to Our Customers:
Service Beyond Expectations
PHONE: 215 536 3520
FAX: 215 536 2437